Growth Through Partnerships
Our core focus is to add value in the lives of both our staff members and customers. Customer-centricity and our global network are a few of the many reasons why Rand Refinery offers high quality services and efficiency to consistently meet each customer’s unique needs.
Who We Bring Value Change To:
At Rand Refinery, we aim to align with key players to unlock immense value change. We strive to treat our miners and employees with integrity, honesty and provide a safe working environment. Our price offering to our customers is accurate and fair, and we’re driven to continue creating value change from our local to international regulators and governments.
The requirements and procedure to initiate an application to trade with Rand Refinery are listed below:
- Rand Refinery is primarily a gold and silver refinery and while deposits may contain base metals and platinum group metals, these other metals will not be paid for.
- Rand Refinery acts as an agent only and never takes ownership of any metal. Metal will be refined or smelted and sold or swapped into the bullion market on the customer’s behalf.
- Rand Refinery only transacts on a principal-to-principal basis and does not transact through intermediaries or third parties.
- Potential customers need to have relevant permissions and permits before we will consider sourcing gold from them.
- Rand Refinery will only contemplate refining and smelting transactions with customers from countries which are:
- not subject to international embargoes or sanctions and not deemed to be the origin of conflict minerals or a corridor for the trans-border movement of such minerals. Please refer to the following:
- OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict Affected and High Risk Areas (Supplement on Gold)
- LBMA Responsible Gold and Silver Guidance.
- Rand Refinery will only transact in terms of a formal signed agreement with the OWNER of the gold. The owner of the gold must be a registered company; an individual cannot register in his/her private capacity.
- In addition, for scrap customers and refiners we require independent verification of their responsible gold and silver compliance.
Responsible gold and silver requirements:
- Independent Audit to confirm the following: Policies, Procedures and Processes must be established to ensure that a Depositor can conform to Responsible Gold and Silver Principles. Typically, this audit will ensure that the Depositor conforms to the “5-Step” process outlined in the OECD due diligence guidance, which forms the basis of the LBMA’s Responsible Gold and Silver Guidance and the Responsible Jewellery Council’s certification process.
- Chain of Custody Audit – Material deposited at Rand Refinery must be of known provenance. Systems must be established to enable an independent 3rd party to verify all stages of processing in order to provide assurance on the veracity of deposited material.
If the above criteria, and those listed on our enquire to trade forms are met, and the customer wishes to gain further information with regard to Rand Refinery’s requirements, kindly complete the Pre-KYC form and return to a Sourcing representative.
Rand Refinery welcomes feedback from our clients as part of our constant drive toward improving customer service.
If you have any feedback for us, whether positive or negative, please click on the link below to complete the email form:
Regulators / Permits
Product Web Site - Krugerrand
Associated Companies - Gold Zone
South African Gold Mining Houses
International Gold Organisations and Exchanges
Retail Sales Pricing
Retail sales pricing is updated on a daily basis. Please see the current price lists:
This Week's Pricing
Please note that the price lists for each day are only available after the am or pm fix on that specific day.